Accessibility Statement for Wrotham Parish Council website
Wrotham Parish Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Wrotham Parish Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Wrotham Parish Council website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Wrotham Parish Council website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Wrotham Parish Council Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Wrotham Parish Council Website:
1. WP Accessibility Helper WordPress Plugin: Accessibility icon does not have a width and height atribute assigned to the img tag. Omitting img width or height attributes means page text jumps about as images load. The plugin developer hasn’t factored this issue into the code. We have raised this issue with the plugin developer and are awaiting for a fix to be applied. An updated version of the plugin will be released in due course.
2. WP Accessibility Helper WordPress Plugin: The style tag has been placed in the wrong part of the page code. Element style not allowed as child element in this context. The plugin developer hasn’t factored this issue into the code. We have raised this issue with the plugin developer and are awaiting for a fix to be applied. An updated version of the plugin will be released in due course.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Wrotham Parish Council website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Wrotham Parish Council website:
- Phone: 01732 886139
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: PO Box 228 Sevenoaks Kent TN13 9BY
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility of Wrotham Parish Council website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Wrotham Parish Council assessed the accessibility of Wrotham Parish Council website by the following approaches:
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Wrotham Parish Council